Monday 21 April 2014

Just call me Freddy Krueger... Day 47



It truly amazes me how inconsistent my skin is during the withdrawal process. It can erupt at any time. I wake up every morning with super dry skin !EVERY MORNING!. After my shower/bath I moisturize from head to toe. My skin then feels and looks OK. But wait... afternoon comes then I get a flare. The flare dissipates and I get my calm skin phase again. Early evening comes... yip, you guessed it flare number two happens. A period of skin relief enters before... uh huh, that's right...

FRUSTRATION!.

Currently my face is getting whooped by outbreaks of itchy, red, swollen scratch fests. My left temple, forehead, back of head, behind ears and neck are the main areas of discomfort for now. Shoulders, arms, wrists and hands are not as bad. My torso remains unaffected at this time.


See for yourself below.






 































 Thank God I picked out that big bogey/booger, ha ha. I jest.












































































































I guess I'm partly to blame for putting the steroids on my face. On a plus note my sleeping pattern has been better during the last week. Although, quite often I'm fatigued during the day. I went for a walk around a country park on Saturday as we've been getting lovely, sunny weather here in Scotland the past few days. Annoyingly, when I got home I had a flare and scratched myself to bits.

Exercise is a massive part of my life. I'm missing the gym and footie so much these days. Played my last game of football two weeks ago. Will see if I'm up to it for the game on Wednesday coming.



Keep trucking people,

Gary


4 comments:

  1. Yep yep yep! This thing is a BITCH. I went outside on a walk 2 weeks ago and the pollen and air bugged me SO badly that I haven't been out since. It is SO up and down. You're so proud about avoiding the itch and BAM. 10 seconds of immense pleasure and your face is hamburger meat. BLAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamburger meat! :D made me chuckle...

    Hope your skin is nice & calm today Jen.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Your skin looks so angry. Have you considered taking Dead Sea Salt or Epsom salt baths?

    How does your skin handle moisturizers? What are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cat. Cheers for commenting;)

    I love me some DSS baths + epsom... Was using Double Base Dayleve Gel recently until it started upsetting my skin.

    Got me some shea butter for now. Think I'm gonna make my own soon though. Got the recipe here: http://misskittydefeatseczema.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/make-goo-not-war-homemade-moisturiser.html

    Hope your skin is treating you well today.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete