Monday 28 April 2014

55 days in...



Well, here we are... DAY 55

Not long until I reach the 2 month milestone now, good times!. So what's been happening lately during my withdrawal process?.

Some symptoms I've been noticing in no particular order (positive and negative).

  • Increased appetite for junk food (salts/sugars)
  • Better sleeping
  • Fatigue during the day, more energy at night - WTF? 
  • Intense itch cycles that last between 5 - 30 minutes (mostly at night)
  • The past couple of days my body hasn't been as dry when I get up in the morning. Only my face remains dry
  • Had my first full body sweat last night (DAY 54) followed by a scratch fest - positive or negative? 

My face and hands continue to give me the most grief at the moment. I've ditched the moisturizer that I get from the chemist on prescription (Doublebase Dayleve Gel) as I felt it was doing me more harm than good. How's that? It started to sting when I applied it, thus making me more itchy. Plus, it wasn't making my skin retain moisture as much as it had done previously.

I found an excellent home made recipe for a moisturizer from a fellow TSW's blog that I've been using since Friday. It works great for me!. Only have to apply it a few times a day compared to the copious amounts of the other one that I had too. I know what works for one may not work for another. Just sharing what works for me.

Will update more about the effects the homemade moisturizer has on my skin.

Here is a link to the recipe if interested: http://misskittydefeatseczema.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/make-goo-not-war-homemade-moisturiser.html     

SPECIAL THANKS to misskitty;)

Below are some images I took from Day 55

Still a bit puffy and red in places. Better than the last post on day 47 though.




















Vice versa Rudolph! :P


















Oozy and crusty forehead.






















































Thanks for viewing!.

Just thought I would add that I'm really very much appreciative to all of those who take the time to stop by and have a read of my blog. I know this withdrawal is gonna be a long road to go down for ALL of us. We must stick together, helping each other and keep fighting.

Remember to keep sharing the knowledge!.

Happy healing,

Gary



6 comments:

  1. Hey there Gary,

    Some nice updates! Will be following and supporting you in your recovery journey. Have added you to my blogroll too. Take care..I believe the ride is going to be bumpy but certainly meaningful as you reach the end.

    Rgds,
    Leslie
    http://saynototopicalsteroids.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie,

      Cheers for the comment hombre;)

      Your blog is an excellent motivator for us itchy folk... added back. Keep up the good work.

      Cheers,

      Gary

      Delete
  2. Looking good Gary! (LOL, the Fonz, that's a blast from the past! - Did you see scream, Fonz was the headmaster and he scared himself in the mirror. Best part IMO) We must keep a sense of humour throughout all of this. When we try Josh with any type of moisturizer, it kind of works to start with then its stingy and itchy and we just give up putting anything on him. I think it works in fits and starts. Keep up the healing Gary! Take care, Louise (Josh's Mum, our little red skin warrior)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise,

      Thank you for your kind words!. Ha, Yip saw scream back in the day. Forgot the Fonz was in it!, but I remember the part you're talking about;)

      Left a comment a couple of weeks ago for little Josh on his blog. Poor wee fella :(

      He's in good hands with you! - hopefully he hasn't got long to go now before he makes it over the line. Will be following his updates.

      Best of luck to him and yourself...

      Gary

      Delete
  3. Hey Gary,

    You're in the thick of it right now, it's going to be tough but just hold tight, and be kind to yourself! You'll get through this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 5 months into withdrawal Mishal!.

      Cheers for the encouragement. Perseverance is key in the battle we all face with this horrible fight against TSA.

      Take care and happy healing,

      Gary

      Delete