Thursday 3 April 2014

720 Hours now completed with TSW!

DAY 30



That's me at the first milestone. One month down, x left to go!. My nasty Eczema herpeticum has all but been defeated, thank you antibiotics along with the body's power of healing.
 
I've written up a list of symptoms below experienced during my first month with topical steroid withdrawal. I've also included a list of experiments that I have implemented to try and ease my TSW symptoms.


List of symptoms

  • Intense itching 
  • Dry, flaky skin
  • Red, tight skin
  • Swelling of the face & neck (lymph nodes)
  • Insomnia
  • Fatigue
  • Irritability
  • Mood swings
  • Irregular body temperature
  • Chills & shakes
  • Infection (Eczema herpeticum)
  • Nerve ending pains (neck)
  • Increased food sensitivities
  • Decreased movement & stiffness of the body
  • Purple hands when cold!

 
List of strategies and skin combat experiments

  • Diet changes - no alcohol, cut down on sugars/processed foods & caffeine, gluten free, increased water intake & supplements (Vitamin D, Quercetin & 5-HTP)
  • Dead sea salt baths 
  • Almond oil baths
  • Moisturizing up to four or five times daily
  • One day water fast (Will do every two weeks)

 
Overview: It's far too early to record any significant findings. I shall update any positive results once I've reached a more advanced state with my withdrawal process.


In the mean time my face and back of neck are still a bit red. Creases in arms, wrists and hands are itchy, red, dry and sore. The rest of my body, although itchy for periods during the day seems to be unaffected at the moment.


Below are some images from day 30. 



 















 




















































































































































Thanks for dropping by. One month in the bag - happy days!.


Onwards and upwards,


Gary





No comments:

Post a Comment