Sunday 14 June 2015

Eureka!




No, no sadly I'm not healed yet...

Close, yes but not quite there I'm afraid. Although I'm fully confident I may have found the information and guidance needed that will super boost my healing capabilities. Stumbled across a blog from a fellow TSW sufferer earlier today. EUREKA!. After reading her story and viewing her images (brave, brave person by the way might I add). I've came to the conclusion that I might be suffering from a leaky gut which is prolonging my symptoms and healing time... maybe, just maybe.

Now my symptoms are nowhere near the severity as this brave lady. Hold on a minute, lets stop calling her "her" & "lady", her name is Ahfaye and she is from New Zealand. 

You can find her blog here: http://byebyesteroids.blogspot.co.uk/

The reason behind my confident self-diagnosis is her, "Ahfaye" :) hand image is very similar to my own right now. Also, recently everytime I eat wheat or sugar I break out in a flare not long after eating said culprits. Wheat and sugar are two of the many intolerance's one can have if a leaky gut is present. I've been on the old world wide web doing some research & gathering up information to give this leaky gut cleanse a shot. Now I know my symptoms could still all be related to the steroids. But I think that I'm nearing the end of my withdrawal with the leaky gut being the last remaining underlining issue that I MAY have.

Thinking to myself I've got nothing to loose. Why not give this a blast?. I'm nearly 15 & a half months into this beast now. Over the last couple of weeks I've seen HUGE improvements with my health. Most notably being my sleep. I can wake up and spring out of bed like a six year old on Christmas morning, I kid you not. Skin is slowly but surely improving too. The bodies oils are returning at a snails pace. Got a few troublesome spots hear and there like my face, back of neck, and hands. My back and ass are as soft as the day I was born. Legs and other body parts are dry but nowhere near as dry as say 3 or 4 month ago.

Got a two week break from work planned in the middle of July. This is when I'll start my cleanse. I'll include some of the links *below that will fill you in more on the symptoms of a leaky gut and how to heal it naturally. 

It involves getting some lovely Colonic Irrigation sessions and a liver cleanse for good measures too. First things first though. You have to eliminate some foods that might be causing your skin to break out and give your gut a chance to heal. Some of these foods are; Wheat, dairy, alcohol & sugar. Yip, yip all the good things I hear you say!, ha ha. Never fear though as its not the end of the world. Thankfully you can reintroduce all these foods containing the above ingredients. So relax. You'll still be able to go out with your buddies and get shit faced while eating pizza and chocolate, if that's what you're into or floats your boat.

Ah well. Feeling super excited and confident that this might be the answer to my prayers on my quest to normal, healthy skin...



Lets wait and see. Onwards & upwards we go. Hope your doing well out there;)


Gary



*Links to information about leaky gut & liver flush and how to heal them from the inside out:











3 comments:

  1. Hi Gary,
    Just wondering your thoughts on dupilumab?
    A clinical trial drug that's way safer than cyclo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie. Thanks for getting in touch.

    From what I've heard about Dupilumab it seems to be a wonder drug for us skin sufferers. Although I'm still on the fence regarding it. It seems more safer then Cyclo from what I've heard too. But, who knows how safe it actually is & what the long term health effects may be? (like with all new drugs).

    Are you or someone you know thinking about going along to one of the clinical studies for it?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gary,

    Just letting you know that Ahfaye's blog is not longer working as she's renamed it to: http://inspiredtofeelgood.blogspot.com.au

    She's my sister btw :) It's lovely to see her blog is helping ppl around the world.

    ReplyDelete