Tuesday 25 March 2014

Doctor, Doctor... DAY 22 Pain & Gain

Day 22 - Had to visit the Doctor's today


After a terribly restless night's sleep last night I Had to pop over to see the Doctor this morning. The images below show why. Turns out my tea tree oil healing power regime was no match for the spread of the Eczema herpeticum this time :( After having an agonizing peek in the mirror to my horror, it looked like I'd been eaten alive by bugs after spending a night in the Amazon jungle!.

During my attempt of sleeping last night the itch sensation that I was feeling was completely over bearing. I couldn't stop scratching my face, neck and hands. The last couple of days have been the toughest yet during this short time from my healing quest from topical steroids. So the Doctor has prescribed me... Whoops, my bad. I see I failed to mention the steroid cream that I had been using at the start of my blog. It was the dreaded Betnovate, One of the strongest topical steroids available via prescription in the UK.

Now where was I?... ah, so the Doctor has prescribed me with the following: Flucloxacillin 500Mg (used to treat bacterial infections such as ear infections , skin infections , bone infections, and heart and chest infection), Aciclovir 200Mg (used to treat two common viral infections - varicella-zoster and herpes simplex) and Fexofenadine 180Mg (a prescription only antihistamine). Hopefully back to a more optimum "normal" skin level in the next couple of days. 






























































































Thank you again for taking the time to have a read over. I hope your own journey towards healing is on the right track. 

Take care & best wishes,


Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment