Friday 22 December 2017

Last Update of 2017

It's nearly time to wave goodbye or give the middle finger to the year 2017. Time for an update I suppose then, eh?.

Can't complain too much with all things regarding Topical Steroid Withdrawal. Well, apart from the winter weather kicking me in the nuts. Sort of in a mini flare right now. Frustrating?, yes, yes it is. However, am nowhere near as bad as I was compared to previous months/years gone by. Definitely without a shadow of doubt, I've made some steady progress, especially this year. From about May until the start of December, my skin had been in it's most consistent state since withdrawal began. Sure I still got itchy and scratched, but the skin didn't break or bleed as it was much more stronger where as the colder weather makes me tear up my skin due to the level of dryness that it causes.

I guess for me the environment and weather (At this stage of withdrawal) plays a hugely, significant part in what the condition of my skin is like. I can honestly say that I'm more comfortable in the warm, sunny weather. The cold, harsh winter weather for sure has a negative impact with my TSW symptoms. It will be interesting to see how my body reacts this time next year. Hopefully by then, I can tolerate and navigate the winter months more easily with much more confidence skin wise.

Still working away with my job and living at my folks house for now. I plan to leave by the end of February, start of March. Been quite fortunate to have been allowed  to stay at my parents, get to a decent level of health, recuperate and put it more politely by how do I say?, "getting my shit together" whilst living here.

I again hope that my withdrawal duration hasn't put you off in anyway. Remember it is possible that you could heal sooner and get over the finish line quicker than I.  I must also stress that my asthma and allergies had probably taken there toll on my immune system which has aided in the prolonging of my recovery (possibly). My asthma and allergies have thankfully now vanished and have been so for some time now, for the record.

These are positive signs. Just waiting on the skin to follow suit.

Added a video update to YouTube too

Good luck and all the very best for 2018!.

Gary


2 comments:

  1. Gary - many thanks for the update - keep them coming. Your progress updates, despite the periodic flares, gives many of us who are battling TSW hope that there is an end to the misery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captainflak, Thanks for getting in touch and the support. Yip, I intend to document the whole process, from start to finish. Hopefully, not long left to go now!.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete